I wish I could just send this gyro to you through a text or something. You would instantly want to be my best friend. That’s how good it is.
I’ll cut to the chase on this recipe and spare you the story. This recipe is adapted from Lulu the Baker who went ahead and made her own tzatziki :::cough show off cough::: just kidding.
Quick Chicken Gyros
Note: Prepare the volume of your ingredients to your liking/size of group. 1 rotisserie chicken serves between 2-4 people
1 rotisserie chicken- I chose Lemon Garlic from Wegmans
2-4 flatbreads- I chose Kontos Greek Lifestyle Flatbread– 15g of protein woohoo!
Tzatsiki sauce- I chose Wegmans brand Tzatsiki
Thinly sliced cucumber
Thinly sliced red onion
Feta cheese- Again, I went with Wegmans Traditional Feta
Green or black olives
Lemon juice from lemon
Salt and pepper, as desired
- 1. Shred chicken meat and set aside.
- 2. Slather flatbread with tzatsiki. You’re welcome to warm your flatbread before assembly but I chose not to.
- 3. Layer on the lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes.
- 4. Add chicken and top with onions, feta and olives.
- 5. Finish with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice
You’ll notice I paired my gyro with super fancy pita chips. You can always have these with a side salad, falafel or anything that you may desire. Enjoy!